07 6.0l strage behavior

Bobus

Powerstroked
Couple weeks back my 07 6.0l wouldn't start, Temps were single digit, cycle plugs crank and it popped off and died, recycled plugs an got the same outcome, tried it a third time and it would only crank, no smoke. Checked codes with my SCT and Edge Insight showed nothing, but it cranked fast like under no load so I took a stab at the IPR. Replaced IPR truck fired up and runs...BUT... I now have a very odd idle, you can hear it loping if your standing Next to the engine, it sounds as if it's missing out the exhaust, it will do it engine warm or cold, generally goes away in high idle, but not always.

Also not sure if it's related or not but the other day while driving, holding steady about 40mph it acted as if my Trans was slipping, CEL came on and the truck dropped to idle then back up to 1700 or so and if I kept my foot on the acceleration pedal it would buck and jump. Let of the pedal and ease back on it and it was good, but try to accelerate it would buck and jump. Pulled codes and got a Barometer, exhaust back pressure circuit high/low and a p1501 unknown. Shut truck off opened hood to check wiring and found I puked antifreeze out the degas bottle, so I dunno if it puked and got plugs/wiring wet?? Cleaned it all off with electronic cleaner, started truck cleared codes and haven't got a light since, but still has funky idle.. took it to a diesel shop and they checked it out but found nothing..any ideas?

Does it do it stock? Almost sounds like an injector or along that line.

I haven't put it to stock, honestly didn't even think of it..

If your glow plugs are working correctly (99% of the time they are) your problem is stiction. The only way to fix it is to install a new set of MOTORCRAFT injectors, I do at least 2-3 trucks a month. A new set of those sticks will make a truck start at -15* F without being plugged in. I test 6.0 trucks with a Hickok G2 tester, look it up on youtube, the tester doesn't lie.

Back