07 classic belt squeal

Don't waste your time with factory belts, plain & simple they suck. Go to Autozone get a Gatorback belt from them.

silicone paste is the best I have found. WHILE THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING smear some on the inner ribs and on the outter part, then start it.

Cobra#3747 said:
silicone paste is the best I have found. WHILE THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING smear some on the inner ribs and on the outter part, then start it.

:thankyou2: I will have to try that. In the winter I saying I'm going to change Wendy's name to Squeaky :hehe:

Cobra#3747 said:

...adding disclaimers like this is what's keeping stupid people in our gene pool....LOL

I had the same problem with my belt squealing on my 07 classic, took it in to the dealer, they warrantied it and put on a new one, it is quieter but still squealing. I will have to try the gatorback.

guys i have fixed several of these by simply pulling the p/s pulley out about a 1/32. try it and let me know i have fixed about 4 of them now.

Back