07 Driveshaft rebuild or 1piece?

Schoust

Hey Guy's well it appears that the rear u joint has crapped the bed on my 07 4x4. I did some searching and got a couple ideas but would like to here it from someone who has been here and done that. Some say that I would be better off going with an 08 one piece? Or can I simply rebuild it with some extreame parts?
Thanks

? I'm not sure what you're asking? is this question about driveshafts or u-joints?

Sorry I have a bad U-joint on the rear of the shaft and I was wondering if I should just replace the factory joints or go to the newer shaft? Short bed QC...

It is cheaper to just replace all of the joints. Although be prepared for some fun, the factory joints are glued in and require heat and something similar to a press to get them out.

It is cheaper to just replace all of the joints. Although be prepared for some fun, the factory joints are glued in and require heat and something similar to a press to get them out.

Heat help no doubt but I got mine to break loose with two sockets and a vice for a press.

Ok do you think that the carrier will be ok? Seems tight? I won't have any issues I have a shop press available...

Why are you worried about the carrier? I thought u-joints were the problem..

I'm lost.

If you are worried about it replace it with Spicer #210391-1x. Its cheaper and heavier duty than the factory one.

Well they certainly were a b-tch! The glue crap sucks! They were a whole lot easier on my 2nd gen thats for sure..As far as the carrier goes I going to be doing ome traveling and don't want to be stranded on the Main Turnpike in the middle of noware with u-joint issues....

Back