08 cummins trans getting hot while towing.

SrtStang

My trucks an 08 mega cab with the 68rfe in it. It's a revmax 550 transmission. I have put about 20,000 miles on the truck. Not sure what previous owner put on it but from my understanding he didn't drive it much. The truck has 132000 miles.

Recently it has been getting hot and throwing the trans over temp light in the dash. So I changed the filters and fluid in the trans. I took the truck on an hour drive yesterday pulling my 9,000lb skid steer and it got crazy hot on me. I had to pull over several times to try and get it to cool down. It got all the way up to 275 then stoped so I assume the edge cts monitor or my sensor doesn't read any higher. The light in my dash didn't come on until 275 so I'm guessing from factory Chrysler wants us to fry our transmissions before we get a warning?

The truck is fully deleted has cold air intake straight pipe exergy 100% over nozzles. Truck also has a 2" lift wih 20's and 35" tires I don't run the truck hard it's my only vehicle and I need it for work. I have no issues if I'm not pulling with it but once I hook my trailer up its game over. Also this problem didn't start happening until I put the. Nozzles in my truck but would that really make much difference it's not like I try to take off like a race car when I'm driving. It also takes long time for it to get hot while I'm pulling I have t drove atleast 20-40 miles for it to start doing it and it o my seems to start once I hit any type of stop and go. If I'm just crusing non stop it never gets over about 195

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was told the 68rfe was junk even if built and to swap the 48 in or just sell the truck pretty much. I do t know anything about these transmissions so help would be appreciated

So you think I could replace the tq and be alright? Would the nozzles have anything to do with this issue or was it just luck of the draw and timing on when it actually showing issues

Back