08 valve train.

jallan

Smoke show
I just recently purchaced an 08 with 80K on it. I have a question about setting the valves or rocker clearence. What is the intake and exhaust suppose to be? Also has anyone done it. Reason for asking on my 04 I have done some head work and reset the rocker clearence and the motor on that is wisper quiet in the valve train while running. but in the 08 there is some noise coming from it and i am kinda sure it is the valve lash. Not a huge noise just a faint noise like they could be a touch loose. On my 04 it has the specs right on the valve cover but on the 08 there is nothing.

Thanks,

Justin

I just did a friend's deleted 08. I set em at Intake .010" and Exhaust .020". Runs good and quite. If yours isn't deleted, I think his valve cover said intake .010" and exhaust .028", don't quote me.

Set the TDC mark at 12 o'clock #1 rockers should be loose if not rotate 360.

Set intakes 1-2-4
exhaust 1-3-5

rotate #6 rockers loose

set intakes 3-5-6
exhaust 2-4-6

It's on the valve cover. Little white sticker between the rear two bolts. .010 and .026
But most run .010 and .020. The extra .006 is for emissions. To not let as much of the burnt gases out and prevent raw clean gases/fuel from existing during scavenging.

Back