12 valve fuel issue?

iddmax

Hey working on a buddies 12valve and need some opinions. Is a 97 auto, with stock turbo and boost elbow, has 60lb springs and 4gsk are only mods. It sounds to me like has air in the fuel or a fuel problem of some sort. It doesn't have a miss per say because motor doesn't shake like if you cracked a fuel line but motor sounds almost like its getting air in fuel??? Have a banjo fuel snunber on the way to check fuel pressure but wondering if it sounds like a fuel issue like(overflow valve,fuel heater air leak, injection pump). It has a new lift pump, and there is no visible fuel leaks but It can suck air without leaking fuel right? Lastly, it starts just fine and runs alright but just doesn't sound right to me and he also pulled the fuel plate and it will build about 35psi boost but will not smoke at all even if it's lugged down???? That's mainly why I think it has a fuel problem ... Please help if you have any ideas but I know can't do much till I get some fuel pressure #s. Thanks

I'm baffled by the statement " motor sounds almost like its getting air in fuel" Just what is that sound????

If it starts easily it isn't an air problem. Air being inducted into the fuel would only happen on the suction side, between the tank and the lift pump. If there is an air leak there you would have difficulty starting the engine, in fact it might not start at all.

Just what is that sound????

Goobertakecarapart.jpg

Pucka, pucka, pucka.....

Back