12V Broken Motor Mount.......

Red Stroke

Truck was sled pulling when everything let loose, anyone ever see this?

P8291781.jpg

P8291782.jpg

Man, that doesn't look good...glad I am putting brand new ones on when my engine goes back in....

Joe

I have seen this 4 times already on my 96. Two on the passengers side and now 2 on the drivers side. When the drivers side lets loose the fan takes the radiator. $250.00 a pop on the radiator. The truck is stock ecsept for some miner pump work. This usually happens when I'm in 4 low with a loaded trailor.I'll post some pics of the mount and radiator later after I pull them both out.Also the first time I broke a mount the trans mount was also broken.

Are you going to replace it with another factory mount or have something heavy duty fabbed up? Depending on how that bushing is some 1/2"-3/4" plate bolted to the block with some 1" plate comming off of it and some gussetting would be superiour...

That is pretty crazy though... lol

You need Joefarmer-Proof Engine Mounts™. 0.5x4.5 steel bar stock. (Just ignore the extra set of mounting holes- they're pre-production pieces. :hehe:)

P1010009.jpg

If I were to guess, I'd say your wastegate broke causing massive overboost and ridiculous torque...therefor launching your truck into the world of the bigtime pullers and instantly ripping your motor mount to pieces. Lucky it wasn't a rod through the block or transmission instead...:eek:

That being said, Nice carnage.

I would personally build a set like joefarmers (with rounded corners :D) before spending the money on another set of stockers.

I agree i like a solid mount more like Joe's, i made mine from 2" square tubing and 1/2" plate, super heavy duty. The 1/4" 2x2 like they use to make reciever hitches from, a solid mount will really rock the truck! I believe the rubber ones allow to much flex.....

Back