12v head work

AHall

Hobbyist
I have a spare head and would like to have some work done to it so i can swap my stock head. What all is recommended? Those of you that have already had yours done what did you do and what else would you do if you could do it again? Im thinking orings decent port and polish w/ flow test and check to spec.

if your going to port and polish you need to do some springs,valves andbowl work to accent what you did on the P/P

i got 60# spring so i should be good there. id have the ports and bowls done. can the valve guides be removed and bored out to except bigger valves or maybe the exhaust be machined to take the larger intake valve.

i live about 10mins from denver

I did my P&P on mine along with intake valves on the exhaust side and I noticed a nice difference in spoolup, and a phenominal difference in smoke. Where I had been pouring smoke at full boost I was only putting out a thick haze and the EGT's rose much slower than before.

Would p&p, cut grooves, orings average a litle less than $1000? i got a quote $200 cut, $50 per oring, $200-400 port and polish. sound about right, cheap, or expensive?

I have had a lot of 12 v work done with and without the intake cut off all depends on how far you want to go and how much you want to spend. My self have never o-ringed or fire ringed made plenty of H.P. with a cometic head gasket and studs. Some bowl work and tweek the exhaust can make H.P. and help lower the E.G.T. 's . P.M. me some time .

Can someone pm me around what i could expect to pay to get intake valves on exhaust side.

All you have to do is supply some intake valves and when they grind them for the valve job they will do whats necassary.

I had my head tapped out from a Stage 2 and increased the flow from 198 to 214 intake and (XXX) exhaust to the 198 for not that much money.

My current projects head has nothing more done to it other that opening it up on the intake as per pictures and raising the roof and smoothing the exhaust, decked it and the same single O-ring (.051 wire) cut the new valves to 45 on both......I have less than a grand in the head.

Jim

Back