12v piston part number

tmacie

Geen but Sooty
So my HG let go and took chunks out of my #3 and #4 pistons. I need new ones....or at least good used ones. Anyone have a part number so I can start looking into it?

Thanks,
Travis

unfortunatley not.....well i didnt think to write it down any way. the truck is 20 min from me on a good day.....we are in the middle of getting 8" of snow. sigh. LOL. I'll report back with the number as soon as i can.

Travis

Or just the four digit # off of the piston. I could guess, but.........
Are you planning on all six, or just replacing whats bad?

I'd like to replace whats bad, but if i find a deal that I just cant pass up for all 6 ill do that.

Travis

Well, if you're only replacing a couple, numbers are very important.

there are 3 versions of piston that came in the truck 12v, right?

ok so the CPL number is #1549 and the engine number is 56158909.

Thanks,
Travis

tmacie said:
ok so the CPL number is #1549 and the engine number is 56158909.

Thanks,
Travis

Your piston kit numbers are:
Grade A 3802487 Grade B 3802489 Grade C 3802490.
You'll want to look at your pistons. Right on top you should see a four digit # 2487,2489, or 2490 that will tell you what grade piston was installed in your engine. The Cummins piston kit comes with a ring set, but no pin.

Snedge said:
Right on top you should see a four digit # 2487,2489, or 2490 that will tell you what grade piston was installed in your engine. The Cummins piston kit comes with a ring set, but no pin.

You have the grade B piston. 3802489 is the kit number. Sorry to confuse you with those four digit #'s I posted earlier. That was wrong. The four digit #'s do not reflect the piston kit number, just the piston number. Ooopsy.
Your piston part # is 3922572.

ahhhhhhh that makes a little more sense......I learn something new every day!!

Thanks
Travis

tmacie said:
ahhhhhhh that makes a little more sense......I learn something new every day!!

Thanks
Travis

I learn something new everyday also, yet I forget like two things everyday so in the long run I'm getting dumber.

Back