12v towing twins

lco

HX35/Silver bullet.... how will it work, worth it? Reason i ask is, i already have the turbos. Truck is a 95 auto and will tow 10K+ 4 times or so a month. Looking for a reliable strong puller.

Thanks

or what about just using the 66 by itself? converter in the trans i'm swapping over i think is around v10 stall.

Might not be a bad set of towing twins. Forget about the 66 by itself for towing. Personally, I like the hx35 over a s475 or a ht3b. You can get a new s475 for about half the price of a used bullet... Sell the 66 and buy a 475.

35 over a bullet wouldn't be a bad 500hp setup for towing. Actually, it would probably be great provided you aren't spinning it over 3500RPM or so.

If you have them, go for it. Watch the drive pressure, and tune it so the drive pressures stay in check....don't worry about boost as much. Everyone gets hung up on making a lot of boost....air in, air out....period!

Chris

Might not be a bad set of towing twins. Forget about the 66 by itself for towing. Personally, I like the hx35 over a s475 or a ht3b. You can get a new s475 for about half the price of a used bullet... Sell the 66 and buy a 475.

35 over a bullet wouldn't be a bad 500hp setup for towing. Actually, it would probably be great provided you aren't spinning it over 3500RPM or so.

If you have them, go for it. Watch the drive pressure, and tune it so the drive pressures stay in check....don't worry about boost as much. Everyone gets hung up on making a lot of boost....air in, air out....period!

Chris

both have made good points!
i made a set for a kid using the stocker over an hx55 that was a damn good towing setup

BD's towing twins are an s300g (57/65-14) over a box BW silver bullet equivalent (66/74-?) and they are probably the best set of towing twins out there for low horsepower. I agree with what these guys said.

A box BW 66-74 is very close in price to a box s475 and is a nice unit.

Since you already have the turbos I would look into finding a larger housing for the silver bullet, something as big as you can find would help. Then just tune until it runs best.

Last edited:
Back