13mm Fuel pressure requirement

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
94 12V Just went from 12mm pump to 13mm pump. I noticed when I had the 12mm pump on my truck I had 45psi of fuel pressure at idle.

Now with the 13mm pump I have around 20-24psi at idle. Not sure why the fuel pressure would change at idle.

Feeding the pump is a airdog 200. Should I be feeding it with to airdog pumps?

What kind of fuel pressure does a 13mm require?

Will just posted that on Tod's 13mm pump they were running a fass and an aeromotive a1000 , on the drag strip it would drop fp all the way down to .5psi. They replaced a1000 with an eliminator pump and now carry plenty of pressure.

You can see the post I was referring to under power driven diesels vendor section under their 12v fuel pump thread.

I was told 40-60psi at minimum. I know a lot of people get away with less, but that's what Scheid recommended to me for a 13mm.

I had a boost referenced regulator, 20 psi at idle, FASS had a 50 PSI spring, however going down the track it would drop to 20 psi(I am guessing the FASS wouldn't keep up)

I had a airdog 200 on my 12mm pump, would hold 60 at idle, down the track would drip to 16psi. Went to a waterman, never looked back. It held 60 down the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I had an airdog 150 that would drop from around 50 psi to 10 psi down the track. Parted my other truck out and used the airdog off of it and with the two airdog 150 I have 75psi at idle and it only drops to 65 psi.

If you lost pressure just at idle from one setup to another, then look at the regulator/overflow valve. I don't know if they usually include a high flow OFV with 13mm. I vaguely remember having low pressure when I installed my 13mm, had to swap OFV's around to get it back.

I will try swapping OFV's around to see if I can get it back up at idle. I can't yet check under load because my gauge is on the feed line @ the pump. I'm feeding the pump at the side and the front so I'm not sure if splitting the feed would cause a reduction in resistance thus the fuel pressure loss?

Just get rid of the OFV all together and run an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. You just need a metric ORB to JIC adaptor, and a 90° fitting to replace the stock OFV. Then you have all the control you want. Most have a boost reference port also, but is not needed.

We tried the airdog 200 with the smallest Tork Tek OFV and it still wasn't near enough pressure.

Can't have pressure without excess volume. Would need pressure to refill the barrels.

Back