14mm pump bulid help

crisdog80

Okay so I'm wanting to build a bad azz ve pump for my pullin truck.......bug I need some help....everyone is talking about timing pistons and stuff like that sort of things. I just want to know wat I need to do to my pump....here's my parts list so far on wat I think I neeed if anything else let me know
1. 14mm head
2. Raptor 150
3. Longer fuel screw
4. Seal front of pump

Last edited:
I know you have to have big injectors for the 14mm, so it doesn't backfeed, and a good fuel supply I believe 30 psi ?

Hx40 wouldnt really be the best turbo. Its only a 60 mm inducer and has a 16cm exhaust housing. Witch means it will be laggy and not really put out that much air. And what does a bad azz truck mean?

I need more fuel I pull work stock and I need fuel. .....and when I dyno it I'm goin to have twins

Thanks jay I have read that one but like ....I'm a do it yourselfer I was woundering how hard it it to swap out the head

14mm hate high rpm, fuel restriction burns them up, and fuel pressure is a must, Rocken Tech told me last year when I was thinking about this option that they recomend atleast 5x18 or 6x16 injectors, and they recomend bigger lines, 30psi of fuel pressure is a deffinet, If it were me and I was going 14mm ve I'd run 5x20s .093 lines 30psi fuel pressure and wouldn't spin it over 32-3500rpm, and run an s364/71/14

14mm hate high rpm, fuel restriction burns them up, and fuel pressure is a must, Rocken Tech told me last year when I was thinking about this option that they recomend atleast 5x18 or 6x16 injectors, and they recomend bigger lines, 30psi of fuel pressure is a deffinet, If it were me and I was going 14mm ve I'd run 5x20s .093 lines 30psi fuel pressure and wouldn't spin it over 32-3500rpm, and run an s364/71/14

I've offten wondered how many people have run bigger lines with a 14mm. I always thought it would make sence to.

Pm.SMOKIN ACE. He has a 14mm pulling truck. Its survived 2 years at least and 3200 to 4000 rpms.

I was trying to pm him but I need a few more post inorder to message him so im goin to post some random stuff on here so don't mind it

I'm new to the forum too and I am really curious if you can just swap in a 14mm head without a bunch of specialty tools.

Back