160hp P7100's - MAX fueling advice

Jeffrey Weeks

I'm looking for all the tips and advice I can get to get MAX fueling/power out of this pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

���������� what he said ������ if you want a good running pump send it out have it benched, if money is really tight, start reading. It's all out there and not a lot of people have time these days to spell it all out for you on here. Seth is cheap it's worth the money.

Having it benched is the best option. But if money or time is tight. In addition to the standard AFC mods, rack the barrels, run large DVs, up the fuel pressure to at least 60psi, and run lots of timing.

I raced with an un-benched 160hp pump for a couple of years. It ran 10.90s with racked barrels, Comp DVs, and 28+ degrees of timing. Horsepower was in the high 700s.

What he said along with a rack plug, also everyone will say turning the barrels with the pump on the truck is bad advise, I've done it a couple times with no ill effects and was a nice power bump.

Also don't be afraid to try things on the cheap, it's a 160 pump, if your going with the expense of sending a pump off to be benched I'd try to find a better pump. Turn the barrels on that 160 in the mean time.

Yep, what he said. I did forget to mention the rack plug.

Result turning the barrels vary pump to pump. With most it works well. Sometimes it doesn't. In those cases, just means you need to have it balanced/benched.

Hey guys sorry for late reply.
Sounds like I have most of all that done.
Right now I have rack plug, PDD afc spring, 1/8th inch shaved off the foot, racked barrels, no plate and 7mm DV's.
I'm also running Weston's 155* 5x18's and around 26*ish timing.

There's still more to do if that's all your mods you have done. Do yourself a favor and start crowding the timing more. Short duration of injection likes more timing. Trust me. Mine ran ok. My blue truck went 10.60s and my altered went 8:40s on the brake.

There's still more to do if that's all your mods you have done. Do yourself a favor and start crowding the timing more. Short duration of injection likes more timing. Trust me. Mine ran ok. My blue truck went 10.60s and my altered went 8:40s on the brake.

I sent you a PM.

Back