1969 f-100 cr?

bigbore050

The Original Rookie
Well since this is my first thread in this forum I guess I could use it as my into thread also. I have been a member here for awhile and other sites like DTR and CF but I have to say you guys rock. I stoped hanging over there since I dont care to know what settings people want to run there smarty Jrs on:bang.

I dont say to much because I dont have much to add when I'm in the company of gentleman that I know are quite brighter than me when it comes to diesels so I mainly keep my mouth shut and use that fancy search feature.

Now that I got all that crap outa the way. I picked up a 1996 dodge drag truck with a CR from coonsmile on here, but as I was preping to cut off the back of the frame for my back half kit I decided that I hate the 2nd gen body style and I dont think I will be happy with the look of the truck once its done. so in about 5 hrs I have to wake up and drive 3+ hrs to pick up a 1969 F-100 2wd SB auto. My plan is to take the CR and 47rh and drop it in the F-100 in make more of a street/strip truck than a all out drag truck.

Im looking for any advise/constructive criticism since this is way over my head, but its the only way to learn in my eyes.

Sounds like a really cool swap to me. Go for it. You only need a few wires to get the CR to run. With a old truck like that I assume your gauges will be aftermarket so no issues trying to get the stock dash to work. Any specific issues just post them up.

Back