1996 stock cummings

Onebadcummins96

I have a 1996 dodge and it's stock and watt are the best things to make lots of power with out breaking my wallet

:welcome: to compd!

you_fail-12825.jpg

These guys are bustin your chops. I'm sure someone with real knowledge will step up soon but for now i'll say welcome from another newbee.

Our 96 has 4' exhaust no muffler, 4000 RPM gov kit, 16 cm/sg compressor housing and 60mm compressor, fuel plate removed. has made 280 RW HP and 670 ft lb of torque

glad to have you and your cummings :lolly:, just look at the old posts and you will see what your ganna be getting into.

I'll help you out a little. I hope you have a sense of humor, you're going to need it!:lolly:

The first, and MOST important thing to know is, there's no "G" in Cummins!!
Secondly, don't post while drunk. 3:50 am???LOL
Next, there's no such thing as "making lots of power, without breaking the bank".
You can make a little more power, without spending too much, but the auto trans or clutch won't last long. These motors are de-tuned for the trucks, because of that.
You can slide the fuel plate forward and turn the starwheel to get better performance, but you really need to buy gauges before going too far. The pistons and turbo wheels are aluminum, which will melt if egt's are too hot for very long.
Use the search function, it's your friend. Then ask questions.

OP:

Search is your friend. Use it first, or suffer the wrath.

What do you mean, where I come from "stock 1996" and "one bad Cummins" don't go together.

Maybe the user name should be: Wanna-turn-my-stock-96'-into-one-bad-Cummins.
Well it's spelled right...

I hear some places give you partial credit.
Hope it's not something I said...
I've said WAY worse and people have come back.

Of course I've also ran people off with less:D

I have a 1996 dodge and it's stock and watt are the best things to make lots of power with out breaking my wallet

like mentioned already the search feature will yield the best results, but your going to want a decent torque converter and valvebody to hold the power until you can build the tranny. but for a starters a fuel plate and gsk will make the truck a lot more fun to drive.

Back