1K HP fuel pump/filtration Q

joelc79

Those of you who are running big injectors, dual cp3's, etc. What are you using for fuel pumps and filtration?
I am using a stock tank, sump, -8 braided lines w/an fittings to an AD200.
I am getting sh-it past my AD and want to fix the issue before it wrecks some pistons or injectors. The filters get changed very frequent so I know that isn't an issue.
Thanks in advance

Automotive A1000 pump with 2 Napa 10 micron water separators and 1 filter. 10an line from fuel cell to regulator. 8an to each pump.

Last edited:
Stock tank, sump to -10 lines through fuel strainer to stock filter canister to 2 micron filters to mechanical assassin fuel pump -8 out each injection pump

Last edited:
Not 1k but 1/2 pickup, through AD150 with Baldwin water sep and Donaldson fuel, -8 line to y-block before pumps with -8 to each pump.

With the AD...the factory filters aren't the best,

What kind of crap is getting by?

Fuelabs has many pumps that will more then move enough fuel with variable motor speed. - 10 line to the pumps -8 split to a boost reference regulator and - 6 lines to each pump. this will give you more fuel then you can ever use. Fuelabs has a great 3 micron filter and a prefilter

You don't need to wh0re them out Greg, we all know they gave you a free pump.

I don't even know you Greg but every post you're pimpin somebody's junk, its a bit ridiculous.

I know you mentioned CR but heres how i went on my 12 valve.

20130518_170249_zps96fb81da.jpg

-10 to pumps then -8 to injection pump.
100 micron prefilters
10 Micron diesel filters with a std filter head.

I mentioned CR's because the finicky components that cause the injector failures to cause the piston failures...which i dont want.

I think the airdog/fass units have their place in most of the diesels we see on here. I just wonder if the modified cp3 units we use these days along with the big (gph) pumps just cause so much suction that some contaminated fuel just gets forced right pass the filters.

Since my truck is down and most likely will be for the remainder of the season i will probably go with a fuel cell this time bed mounted.
I like the Aeromotive 1000 pump idea along with some premium filters. I have a nice fuel distribution block that i use instead of a wye fitting that has a large single feed option as well as four returns and two sensor/gauge ports.
My injectors are off getting serviced now, they've checked out fine so far i guess. It all just makes me nervous with the amount of coin i have into this ugly f uckin piece of sh it.
But...i would be more than happy to be gifted a fuel labs unit or something else thats better than what i got.

Sent from my fphone

Scat's setup plus (2) 2-micron filters added downstream would be tits.

I agree but at the price of those two pumps and the unneeded flow of a combined 1200lbs/hr is a bit much.
There next size up pump (A11104) flows 800 lbs/hr might be nice though. Saves you over $150 in pump and less screwing around with space and fittings. A12309 100 mic pre filter and two Cat filters down stream 10 mic w/f and a 2 mic. Then it would feed into my Hellman fuel distribution block where the single feed line will be split into the two cp3's.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Sent from my fphone

Fass 200, twin -8 feeds from the fuel cell to the fass, iirc it is a 20 micron in the water separator, and a 2 micron in the fuel filter. Then twin -8 feeds to the pumps and a -6 return from the CP's/head and a -6 return from the fass. The only time we have had injector issue is when we a modded CP3 ate it's self on the dyno, and pushed bits of steel into the injectors. However no fuel system would have been able to catch that.

We data log lift pump pressure and even on our 9.41@152mph the lift pump never drops below 14psi.

I agree but at the price of those two pumps and the unneeded flow of a combined 1200lbs/hr is a bit much.
There next size up pump (A11104) flows 800 lbs/hr might be nice though. Saves you over $150 in pump and less screwing around with space and fittings. A12309 100 mic pre filter and two Cat filters down stream 10 mic w/f and a 2 mic. Then it would feed into my Hellman fuel distribution block where the single feed line will be split into the two cp3's.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Sent from my fphone

When I talked to them about a 1000rwhp system, that's the pump they told me to go with.

Fass 200, twin -8 feeds from the fuel cell to the fass, iirc it is a 20 micron in the water separator, and a 2 micron in the fuel filter. Then twin -8 feeds to the pumps and a -6 return from the CP's/head and a -6 return from the fass. The only time we have had injector issue is when we a modded CP3 ate it's self on the dyno, and pushed bits of steel into the injectors. However no fuel system would have been able to catch that.

We data log lift pump pressure and even on our 9.41@152mph the lift pump never drops below 14psi.

For the most part thats what i have, but those pureflow filters are not doing their job.

How are you running two lines in and out of the AD200? It only has single ports.

Sent from my fphone

For the most part thats what i have, but those pureflow filters are not doing their job.

How are you running two lines in and out of the AD200? It only has single ports.

Sent from my fphone

Ours is a Fass not an AD

Oh i see that now, cool they have to ports in/out.

Sent from my fphone

Purchased my A1000 and regulator.
Where is a good spot to plum the regulator in and approx what psi is optimal for a cr?
Pretty much all the searches has been Ppump application.

I plan to regulate mine before the 2 micron filter and read pressure right at the CP3 entrance. Planning to run 12-14 psi feed.

Aeromotive recommended their 13212 regulator when I spoke with them.

Back