1st Gen into Ford Bus

Thanks for the info guys. Don't really need over 300hp, was just wondering what it would take. The plan for now is to use 3200rpm spring, Hungry Diesel fuel pin, probably some pump tweaking, M & H Timing Spacer (when available), and possibly an HE351 if I can find one that fits my budget. If I have to, I will use the stock turbo. Already bought gauges to watch everything. Maybe injectors later on, but no money for that at this time.
Also using the 6.0 Ford Van intercooler (pretty big).

Found an HE351. Anyone know just what I need to change to fit it on? Pretty sure I will have to re-clock. Are the oil lines the same as H1C turbo?

I'm sure the oil feed is the same, but can't be certain. Drain is the same as any larger frame turbo. Piping, and downpipe flange, will need to be changed of course.

You need the plug for the waste gate hole too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here's another thought. My 2004 Cummins has an HE341 turbo and 50hp injectors. Would it be smarter if I put the HE351 on the 2004 and used the HE341 on the 12valve?

Went ahead and bolted the HE351 on the 91.5 engine. It came with a screw-in plug in it. Do I need to do anything to the waste gate?

Finally got around to doing the engine swap in the bus. There's been a few setbacks (mostly self-induced) but I'm getting there. Pretty tough using the Ford van platform, but the Cummins is a little more accessible than the 460 it replaced. Been working on the trans tunes with Custom Vehicle Services and I'm really impressed with the 5R110/2004 SuperDuty computer combination so far. Even with the stock converter the performance is very good.
Getting to the point where I probably need to tweak the pump and such. Any suggestions on where I should start?

This thing runs pretty good? At 65mph the EGT is 850 and the boost is 5 pounds. Is that about right? It has the aerodynamics of a brick!

Back