2.6 class injector help

KanCum

Lost
I pulled my truck this weekend for the first time with the new pump and turbo... And I need more fuel. I knew my 90's weren't going to get the job done. I can't decide how big I should go. I've seen most guys say 150-200hp nozzles for the 750-800hp range but I thought I'd see what the pullers were running. Thanks for the help fellas

I ran Flux's for 2 years and around here I didn't do bad. If i wanted to compete this year I would say at least a 200hp injector if you want to compete in a 2.6 class.

Ran 200hp last year, this year 250hp. All depends on what you think you can handle.

Well II told me the silver bullet would handle 200hp injectors without a problem. The only thing I was concerned with was on my second pull I ran in 5th gear and my engine temps jumped up to about 215. I never really got on top of the charger that well so maybe with the bigger injectors It will light the charger and help slightly. I'm lookin at flux, but I'd like to get a set this year.

Well II told me the silver bullet would handle 200hp injectors without a problem. The only thing I was concerned with was on my second pull I ran in 5th gear and my engine temps jumped up to about 215. I never really got on top of the charger that well so maybe with the bigger injectors It will light the charger and help slightly. I'm lookin at flux, but I'd like to get a set this year.

Call II and tell them your intenions. 215 isn't to bad mine usually was always up around there. If your gonna be pulling 5th alot your gonna need a shelf of clutches. Not to many people can pull that off all year and not go through clutches.

Yeah... I wouldn't worry about 215 at all...

I've been much closer to the red several times and I just give the truck ample time afterwards with the heat on full blast to cool down.

My truck usually idles all night at the pulls... Before and after the hook.

As for injector size... I'm lookin' at going with a set of 250's once I get a decent charger on the truck.

This 64 just ain't gonna cut it no more.

The track was extremely loose otherwise I wouldn't have gone for 5th. I guess I just won't worry about the temps then. Thanks for the info guys

I run 180's on a 305 motor, with lots of programming, and a Bullet. I was running a a 64/71 before that. I wouldn't go any smaller on sticks. When I'm on the charger hard my temps are 190-200, but If it's lugging and snuffs out it runs 215-220. 5th is a HUGE gear, look at the mph vs. rpm, and see if dropping a gear wouldn't be more benificial. I let mine get warm before I hook, and usually idle for 15 min. plus before I shut it off.(of course I'm a little gun shy of valve seats, not that it helps much, but can't hurt letting it cool down for a bit)

I went ahead and ordered 200hp from II. They claimed the bullet could handle 55lph injectors and these are only 45lph, but I'm not sure how much bigger I could've gone with this stg 3 pump. Thanks for all the help guys

Back