2001 E350 7.3L maintenance tips...

triton

Scarlet Fever
know Cummins engines but not a thing about the 7.3L. I'm sure there not a whole lot different but, before I dive in I wanted to ask a few things here.

my van has a little over 100K on it now and it's starting to sound a little tired. I know this thing will last a long time but, at 100K is there anything I should do ? The glow plugs have been changed, I've installed a new CPS and I'd like to check for valve lash. Other than that... any suggestions ? Do the turbos hold up to well over 100K ? What about fuel pumps or injection pumps or injectors... how do they hold up ?

I look at the stick about the 7.3 bible but, there wasn't anything about my year engine... just about the turbo. Is there a 7.3L manual online somewhere for a 2001 model or are any of the 7.3L good ?

One last question... this van is my work van. I'm not looking to hot rod it but, wouldn't mind have a little more power. Is there a performance box that would fit the bill of helping mpg and performance without having to worry about the tranny ?

Thanks !

Back