2005 f250 dt360 md3060 to divorced atlas

Klaytonbigsby

Hi I am in the planning stages of a p pump dt360 to allison md3060 to divorced atlas into a 2005 f250 king ranch. I am concerned with wiring the md3060 up to the rest of my truck. It is my understanding that all it takes with a mechanical engine is adapting the tps sensor. What about little things like abs sensor, wiring the computer shifter, speedometer, etc.

f650 and 750s from the 2000s already come with a 5.9 isb md3060 combo. Are the wiring harnesses on the these trucks the same or similar to f250s? Would it be possible to get the harness from that truck and adapt it in a fairly straight forward manner? Would it be easier to just ditch the dt360 and just get a 5.9 isb md3060 straight out of one of these trucks.

I am farming all of the work out and understand that this will be expensive. My guy has done a lot cummins swaps ranging from 12 valve to common rail but has never done one with a md3060 before and is unsure of the wiring so I would like to iron this out instead of using a boring built transmission. If it is too complicated to adapt I am sure a built transmission will be a hell of a lot of fun though. Any advice from anyone who has pulled off an md3060 swap or anyone else has experience with these transmissions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am looking at a similar project, I have done a lot of looking on the net, went and looked at the different transmissions in person. I know the MD3060 came on some trucks and busses. In my situation I already have the engine and have started going through it, but if you can get a engine and trans together it may address several of the issues. I have heard about the same you will need a TPS and a ICM between the TPS and the TCM. Just parts and careful wiring. On the other hand I called an Allison dealer today and one of the guys said it was too difficult to explain over the phone and that they will have 80 hours in the conversion they are working on (with a CAT engine).

Good luck on your project!

Back