2005 VW injectors price

cummin get it

coal train
I have a friend with a tdi that needs injectors but he says he can't find any under 800 a piece. Anyone know where a good place to get injectors for these for a fair price or is that a fair price (800 ea.)?

800 each? Is he buying them new from the dealer?

No phuckin way.

Should be able to buy the entire set of upgraded injectors for 1000 or less.

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

Last edited:
800 each? Is he buying them new from the dealer?

No phuckin way.

Should be able to buy the entire set of upgraded injectors for 1000 or less.

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

Got a link to a company for this? And yes that was from the dealer.

Idparts.com didn't make any for 2004 and up but kermatdi.com did 2100.00 for the set of four. So thank you sir I appreciate it.

yuck, talk to Ryan Parkin here: 1.9 8v TDI PD150 (ARL) Injector Set - 038 130 073 AL - Darkside Developments

He'll ship them over stupid fast and they'll be cheap, you'll need a tune for that set specifically, otherwise check tdiclub classified for a set ($300-500)

Is it a MKV or MKIV? MKV PD injectors are different than the rest but you can interchange a whole set and they sometimes need a tune to work properly(different size plungers, etc)

-edit- Why does he think he needs a set of injectors? I bet he doesn't. I bet the harness or something else went bad, unless he dropped them or something.

Jon

yuck, talk to Ryan Parkin here: 1.9 8v TDI PD150 (ARL) Injector Set - 038 130 073 AL - Darkside Developments

He'll ship them over stupid fast and they'll be cheap, you'll need a tune for that set specifically, otherwise check tdiclub classified for a set ($300-500)

Is it a MKV or MKIV? MKV PD injectors are different than the rest but you can interchange a whole set and they sometimes need a tune to work properly(different size plungers, etc)

-edit- Why does he think he needs a set of injectors? I bet he doesn't. I bet the harness or something else went bad, unless he dropped them or something.

Jon

Well... The head and cam was trashed. So he bought a new reman head. Somehow the bore in the head for the injector was not machined correctly and the injectors didn't not seat all the way into the head. So with the injector sitting about and 1/8 inch higher then it should have been when the cam pushed down on the injector it bottomed them out which trashed the injectors. He got his money back for the head but basically told him to get bent when he brought up the injectors.

Ugh, stay away from Karma.

He trashed his injectors likely because he didn't set the injector lash. It is a very important step!

Install rockers, back off the 18mm nut on them, back off the set screw, rotate the cam until rocker 1 is all the way compressed(intake lobe points at the roller on the rocker), turn in set screw until it bottoms out(carefully), back off 180 degrees, torque nut while holding set screw(see bentley manual), repeat for injectors 3,4,2

Back