2010 deleted and lost mpg!!?

sixinarow

ag/diesel mechanic
did full deletes on my 2010 and full exhaust. smarty jr. and have lost mpg!
on a hwy trip stock (winter fuel) got 15.7 in december. did the same trip last week after full deletes and got 14.3! is there a big difference between different tuners after deleting? After getting crappy mpg with my 06 then this Im considering getting a 03/04 and putting the cash back in my pocket! tuning was on default for timing and the fuel economy setting. tried the tow setting and was crappy too.

Might try a higher timing setting, I think stock around cruise rpms they are around 1deg before tdc I have mine close to 5 deg before tdc

I'm getting about 21mpgs with 35s at 70mph

Might try a higher timing setting, I think stock around cruise rpms they are around 1deg before tdc I have mine close to 5 deg before tdc

I'm getting about 21mpgs with 35s at 70mph

That's pretty impressive. But I am skeptical. Auto or Manual?

My overhead is spot on to hand calculated. I get 16-18 on the highway when I drive it nice and about 12 around town. 4.56 gears and 37's. Fleece did the deletes for me. Exhaust first and a few months later the EGR. Seems to have helped out my town mpg quite a bit. Thats going by the overhead though. I haven't put it to paper yet.

Run the highest setting. It always generates higher MPG's for me. Don't expect much gains tho. 17-18 highway MPG is good.

I dont like the idea that they have to have the high level tunes just to get better than stock mpg. the last thing I want is to have a leaking head gasket besides crappy mpg. is anyone running efi live on a 2010 or isnt it available for the 4th gens?

Just because you have a 100/120hp tune on a truck doesn't mean you must run the crap out if it or that its going to hurt it. Just drive it normal and you'll most likely see some results.

is anyone running efi live on a 2010 or isnt it available for the 4th gens?

No it's not. They stopped with the 09's.

And I agree with Gibson... I've got a 100hp tune on my truck but I'm getting around 16-18 mpg. The power is there only when you need it. LOL

Last edited:
08 with the delete, Efi live, AFe stg 2 intake system & bd trans pressure booster. Hadnt been on dyno but id say 125 hp tune built in going down parkway at 80 mph getting around 19 mpg on paper over head 21.
Fixing to install Snow performance mpg max stage 3 and bd intake tube and intake horn. With most of our customer's we see better mpg with the timing on 4 with the mini max and running the hot damn tuning

With a junior? 07.5-09 and 10-12 seem to very a bit in mileage after deletes. Usually 4th gens get 2-4mpg's less than 3rd gens from what I've seen.

very true Gibson, we had a customer after delete's with mini max all on default setting was only getting 13.5 to 14 we udated it to the hot damn and went in and bumped the timing up to 4 and he said he now getting 15 and truck has 35 inch tires on it.

I know I don't drive it hard,but I tow frequently and Its hard not to use power towing. changing tunes every time I hook up a trailer sucks too.

Head studs my friend. Just had mine done last week to be safe. I don't run the heck out of my truck at all but would rather be safe than sorry.

has studs, truck is for sale I just bought a 03 w/six speed-back to something to be proud of:(

Back