2010 derates power randomly

12v94

My map sensor was pretty nasty from before the egr was deleted so I changed it and it helped alot but the truck will still randomly fall on its face. I'm using my mini max for gauges but my tuning is from Ryan Milliken. When it's running right its great but I never know when I'm pulling out in traffic if I'm gonna have have a 300hp truck or a 500hp truck. The mm doesn't read boost most of the time and when it's not it runs great but when it is picking up boost it's a dog. So my question is what do you guys think could be causing this random cut back of power. I read a couple guys that when their batteries got weak the mm quit reading boost but they start the truck just fine so that's hard for me to think it could be a problem like this. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They show 12.6 when it's been sitting for a little while, I'm just saying I read a couple guys that they would start the truck fine but were to weak for proper ecm function i guess. I'm looking for people a lot smarter than me to tell me if they think that could be the case. Or for someone to help me with something in the map sensor circuit. No reason to throw money at it when someone might be able to help me diagnose the problem.

Have them load tested. I could see the issue if another consumer was sucking up wattage, but the threshold for the Bosch ECM's I work with is down around 11V.

I'm curious about the intake heater(s)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Now that I'm thinking about things that might suck power. The map shows boost to the mm when the engine is cold and then after it warms up the mm quits showing boost but the truck runs good other than the occasional fall on its face when I'm trying to merge in traffic. I'm starting to think I need to chase the wires for the map and ohm check them end to end when it's warm and when it's cold.

If I had a 2010 with original batteries and they were even slightly suspect, I'm putting new batteries in it before winter regardless

Back