2011 Cab and Chassis Lost power now won't start

maxwedgehead

Truck is a 2011 Cab and chassis, deleted, apparently water in fuel light came on, lost power, he pulled over to drain it and then it wouldn't restart. Changed fuel filter, all it does it crank and sputter will not start. Had a p0254 and a p0301. But it commands 5200 psi of rail pressure and comes right up to that on the actual. Shot a little ether and it and it fired up and showed 7,000 psi of rail pressure but died instantly. Lift pump flow is in spec, cp3 flowed 75ML in 3 10 second crank intervals so thats also in spec. Capped #1 injector off just out of curiosity, still no change. Won't run on its own. Any idea?

Last edited:
Did he fill it with gas?

I had wondered the same thing, kept the fuel from the lift pump test, let it sit over night, no water, looks like good clean diesel and doesn't smell like gas, also last fill up was somewhere in Tennessee, so that would mean it drove on this tank for quite a few hours to get to where it is now.

Last edited:
With the truck thinking it had water in the fuel, does something need to be reset before it will let the injectors open?

Well I did everything I could to make sure it wasn't something besides injectors, and that was my last thing. So I pulled them out and ran them up to a fuel shop today and sure enough all 6 are junk because of how much water went through them.

Back