2012 bearing failure?

2 Micron

Question about a possible bearing failure in manual Trans. Just picked up from the dealer, drove about 45 miles on flat ground at 65 mph. Started up a gradual grade and bumped cruise up to 70 and about a minute later a chatter sound from the Trans. Sounded just like bearing chatter. Every few minutes it's making this sound, sounded just like a bad throw out bearing. Pulled over at the next exit just to look things over. It was 55° out side and the tranny was hotter than one in the middle of summer, just seemed way to hot for not even pulling anything. Gonna check the fluid when I get home from work but any comments or knowledge of any tranny problems please comment. Thanks

Last edited:
Is it brand new? Or under warranty? A friend bought a new jeep one time and they never filled the trans from the factory.

Brand new truck, 90 miles on it now. Got home from work and checked the Trans fluid, I would say a 1/4" to a 1/2" below the fill hole. Makes me feel better cause it wasn't empty but what do I do about the noise? I know it was a bearing! which one? Not sure. The local performance shop said they've been filling the Trans with 7 quarts instead of the factory 4-5 because the front and rear bearing will run dry if driving in up and down hill terrain. I would say I drove for 1.5 hours with this intermittent noise.

Id take it straight back to the dealer and throw the bs flag. If its brand new why are you even trying to figure it out?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Id take it straight back to the dealer and throw the bs flag. If its brand new why are you even trying to figure it out?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

And if they feed you a line of **** like "it's a truck and that is how they sound" get Chrysler corporate on the phone and raise the roof.

Back