2012 pop while turning.

Fox_91

Stihl Slinger
2012 4x4, while turning I'm getting a pop from drivers side.Usually when that happens it is a u-joint so I put a drivers side axle u joint in it. No dice, still popping while turning either direction and noise from drivers side. Checked out front end components, seem fine no loose hardware or worn parts that I can see. Google machine said to tighten the trac bar, supposedly common issue on 4th gens? Well I broke a socket and a extension while tightening it so I don't think it was loose. Lol. Any other suggestions ? I do not have a lift. But I do have floor jacks and a nice shop to work on it in.

subscribed...I have heard it can be a crappy steering shaft.

Did you check if you ps box is tight to the frame?

It's raining and I don't want to get soaked under a dripping truck. Will check the box soon as I can, and tie rods I'll have to get somebody to come down and turn the wheel for me so I can check it out. Put a pry bar under the drivers side tire and I have to give it about everything I had to get the ball joints to show any movement at all

Update, it's where the front driveshaft goes j to the front diff, dodge dealer says there is not a bearing there, and trying to tell me it's a yoke, is the yoke coming with a bearing or is the dodge dealer in talking too just being dumb

You have a u joint that connects the drive shaft to the pinion shaft. The pinion has a seal and a bearing it sits in for support. Is the play on the axle side or drive shaft side?

Axle side, it's not the u joint, just between napa and the local dodge dealer here I can't get answers on what part I actually need. Just trying to sell me a new stub shaft or a front end gesr set, it's not those I feel. There is a bearing and a seal there like you said, if you can get the proper parts for me I will gladly call and buy them off you because I am tired of dealing with this dealer.

Get a breaker bar and wrench and get your cross member bolts tight. I had this problem. All new front end parts and then found the bolts were put in with a weak impact. See if that helps. It did fix mine.

I can grab the stub shaft and move it up down/side to side, but I will tighten everything up while I'm down there whenever I get the correct part

Call Jarren at Done Right Diesel, 8126213031, he can get you what you need. They just did complete rebuilds and re-gear on both front and rear axles on my old 03.

Jarren lol. What happened to him at air dog ? I remember him back when we were 15-16

Back