24 valve head on a 12v?

m.bcustom

Team "Blackout"
I bought a extra cr motor for my 06 pulling truck... i also needed to put a new head on my 96... so i have all that i thought i needed to accomplish this... i know i am working backwords but im 3/4 there now and no turning back... anyone else done or seen this and what am i up against?? Thanks

Injectors and piston bowls won't line up unless your using 24v pistons.

The 12v bowl is offset to accommodate the injector on a 28° incline. Don't bother.

I'm doing this to my 12v block. you got to switch to 24v head studs,24v pistons, and change injectors, an fuel lines. think that is about it.

edit : also exh. manifold

Cr head doesnt have the indent on the intake side for the gov. on the p-pump. but otherwise you would have to change the pistons, aftermarket cam or just a stock 24 valve cam.

Thanks for all the feed back i havepulled the motor and am in the process of getting new rings for the 24 valve pistons should be able to have her running by begining of next week

:Cheer:Thanks for all the feed back i havepulled the motor and am in the process of getting new rings for the 24 valve pistons should be able to have her running by begining of next week

hey guys i have a few questions...i just found the other day that i have a 53 block. it is not cracked YET. i was wondering if it would be a good idea to swap the 53 for a 12v block? i would have everything i need pistons, cam and knowing myself i would want to have the block and head set up for 14mm studs and fire rings. is this a good idea or should i find a 55 block to build? i planed on rebuilding whatever i go with...

Do the 12V blocks have the crank sensor hole in the side of the the block?

No. You will also need 12v engine mounts, as there aren't nearly as many tapped holes on the sides like a 24v block.

If its not cracked, why not keep running it until it does? It might surprise you.

No. You will also need 12v engine mounts, as there aren't nearly as many tapped holes on the sides like a 24v block.

If its not cracked, why not keep running it until it does? It might surprise you.

i am...but i just dont want to invest a lot of money in it if its going to crack eventually. i like to upgrade things before they break so i figured it wouldent hurt going to a 12v block with 14mm mains. i would end up tearing it compleatly down and rebuilding it. so thats the only problem is i cant afford to do that right now...so if i dont push this 53 to the extreme it will last untill i can build the lower end of the new motor.

m.bcustom, post pics of your motor mounts for your CR engine? The 3rd gen motor/engine mounts are different between your 12V and 24V (and older 12V mounts are different than the 24VP engines). I've been trying to install a 5.9L CR into a 2nd gen truck, just haven't found a set of motor mounts that will allow the engine to bolt into the truck.

Back