3.55 to 5.13

cumins01

I did a search but was wondering what else it took to do a gear swap. I see you need a spacer for the front axle (dana 60) which I was going to weld up the spiders to save some $. Or is there a better option? On the rear, do I need a new carrier? If so, is it better to buy a locker, spool, air locker or get a new carrier and weld it up. Need some input from all of you that have done this. Winter is coming and this is my project along with a new engine build.
Thanks alot guys/gals

There rear your best bet is to just find a 410 up carrier. I just transfered my spiders and then melted them all together with the welder.

I switched to 5.13 last year and I just got a rear carrier from bronco grave yard and then welded it and in the front I got a dana 60 limited slip carrier for 4.56 and numerically higher for a 100 and the rear was 345 I think with spiders and everything in it worked great

Natesredride, How did the limited slip work for you? Was it for a dana 60 rear axle and you just installed it in the front axle? Did you have to use a spacer or just got one for a 4.10 and higher. Keep the suggestions comming.

It was for a front 60 works great have two years on it and the rear is no spacer is a 4.10 and numerically higher carrier

I didn't like the welded front it was a pain in the a$$ to try to steer even with a posi lok cable i put a power lok in and it has been great.

Back