3116 Cat mods

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
one of my buddies has a GMC Topkick that he pulls about 20k lb race trailer and it is a dog. i dont know much about them (even though i work at Cat)i saw online where you could do a couple things that looked simple but im not real sure if any body else had ideas i know they are a pain in the arse to time

You can adjust the fuel rack but you need some special tool group to do it and I think that I remember the "kit" costing about $1500 I could be a little off. I wouldn't mess with it they are a ticking time bomb had lots of problems with the fuel system.

IKE

ya i know they are a bastard to work on i used to rebuild them for D5 dozers i would basically do the the long block then the owner would the fuel system and it took all day and looked like a real pain in the arse. i told him to just wait and buy a truck with a 8.3 i know how to turn those up. Cats always suck imo i assemble 3600s and they are big dinosaurs and the fuel systems are terrible. They also have this new engine coming out to replace the 3500 called a C175 which has sort of a commonrail fuel system and they are junk from what i hear they were chucking rods out the side now the high pressure pump doesnt live long. everybody gives me crap because i like cummins more most of there stuff doesnt take all the special tools. O ya and we wont have to worry about it after 2010 Cat isnt making on road engines after that but they are going to help out navistar great huh

Last edited:
Back