33's or 35's

LOGANSTANFORTH

WORKIN' MAN'S DOLLAR
which is best with 3.55's and 4.10's......my tires will be baja claws at 15.5 inches wide.....my gear selection right now is up in the air......just weighing my options......my truck is an automatic and im trying to figure out what tires and gears i want to go with........truck will have bosch 370's, 4GSK, studs, fluidampr, 60lb springs, 66/16 of some sort, laser cut delivery valves, big fuel system, HTT manifold, backed by a billet suncoast......down south the sled we use mostly is hard to get started, ill be running some up north and those are all drag race sleds......

I would think 35's with both selections I have 33's on 3.55's and I need more tire I need to hit drive but dont have enough wheel speed to do it with a big single so I think 35's would help me stay in second.

I have 35's and 3.55s and am going to 4.10s. If you drive it alot, the 35's and 3.55s are great for the highway, but I think for a puller the 33's would be better with the 4.10s. Especially with a tire that wide...

this truck will never see the street once i start on it........dedicated sled puller........im just waiting to get home in january to start on it.........im getting rid of every single solitary piece of BS stuff it dont need to sled pull legally......

Last edited:
I have 3.55 gears and the first year I sled pulled I ran 35" Courser C/T's and I was always 5-6-or farther back.

Next year I switched to 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T's (not revo's) and I was almost always in the top 3 in my area.

If its going to be a dedicated sled puller here's my suggestion, and I watched a friend of mine do this last year and it worked great.....

Find a used set or buy a new set of 33" tires.....when you have the money and the truck is off the road indefinately swap to 5.13 gears with a 5K GSK.....you will have plenty of RPM's and wheel speed for the track!!:rockwoot:

Find a used set or buy a new set of 33" tires.....when you have the money and the truck is off the road indefinately swap to 5.13 gears with a 5K GSK.....you will have plenty of RPM's and wheel speed for the track!!:rockwoot:

+1 on that. You may also want to look at some of the rules in the classes you want to run in your area. I know around here most have a tire size limit to a 35x12.5. I run 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ's and I absolutley love them, but I also have a NV5600 and 3.73 gears, maybe a different story for some one else. I know Josh Land (Teddybear) Switched to 35's earlier this year and his truck seem to be doing quite a bit better.

Why not run 315's and 4.10 gears? 315 will be in between at about 34.6" and the 4.10's will be high enough to maintain wheelspeed.

If you have the power 35" tires will out pull 33" tires everyday. I would say you need over 750 rwhp to run 35" tires. If you are in the 600 range then I would stay with 33" tires.

Please keep us informed on how this works, and clears. I was wanting to do the same thing with mine. My 3.55 gears make me think that 33's will be better.

Im really tryiing to figure out how to clear 15.50's with a lowered 4wd and turn.

oh money is no problem, its just time, working over sea's only leaves me a few days to work on it a year........ive been doing some talking and im thinking 33's, 5.13's and direct drive.........

Back