35/40 Turbo

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
I'm thinking about making a turbo change, but wanted to see if there was any interest in this hybrid first.

It is a 35/40 hybrid. Standard 35 exhaust housing, 6 blade 40 compressor. It's been a long damn time since I measured the 40, but I think it is in the 58-60mm range.

Polished compressor housing, ported exhaust. Looks really good for a daily driver type rig, but I wouldn't consider it "show quality" by any means.

Turbo is probably good to around 400 useable horsepower. I've made 430 with it, some guys have made considerably more. It's a great turbo for injectors in the 90-100hp range.

Few pictures:

26.jpg

25.jpg

Nothing wrong with it: just want to go bigger. Unknown miles (I'm the second owner), but it was rebuilt about 10k before I got it, and I've put about 20k on it. I always run synthetic oils, and always allow the truck to cool under 300* before shutting it down.

I'd like to get around $475 (+ shipping).

Please let me know (either here or by PM) if:
1: you'd buy the thing right now.
2: you think we could work out a deal.
3: I'm outa line on the price

Would consider partial trade for an HX-40 4" style downpipe, but I don't need much more than that.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good price to me. I paid $350 just for the center section.
My wheel is 60mm X 86mm six blade.

It is gated (I run about 35psi without the boxes, and it spikes to about 40 with everything on "kill.") It uses a spring for the gate, which seems to work pretty good. I know a lot of guys run this as a top turbo (which is my other option if it doesn't sell here).

It is the standard 35 exhaust housing (just ported). I think it is 12cm, but I just can't remember right now. Whatever the standard hx35 exhaust housing is, this should be the same.

It uses a standard hx 35 downpipe. It bolts in place of your stock turbo... plug and play (including intercooler pipe, downpipe, etc).

I'm happy to answer any questions I can about it. I don't frequently make trips to Portland or Seattle, but I may be able to help get it to either of those locations (for free).

Hi everyone,

I've received several PMs on the turbo.

I'll probably place the order for a new turbo next week, and I'll let everyone know as soon as I do that.

Forest sent the first PM, so he has dibs if he wants it. Under-Pressure you are second, and I have 2-3 folks interested after that.

I'm imagining shipping will be around $30-40 depending on where you are at.

I'll let you guys know ASAP what I've found. If you want to go ahead and send me your zip, I will try to figure out shipping (I'll just guess on the weight and get a ballpark).

I've seen one of these hybrids do 495hp to the ground on a 12v...great little charger! ;)

Hi everyone,

I've received several PMs on the turbo.

I'll probably place the order for a new turbo next week, and I'll let everyone know as soon as I do that.

Forest sent the first PM, so he has dibs if he wants it. Under-Pressure you are second, and I have 2-3 folks interested after that.

I'm imagining shipping will be around $30-40 depending on where you are at.

I'll let you guys know ASAP what I've found. If you want to go ahead and send me your zip, I will try to figure out shipping (I'll just guess on the weight and get a ballpark).

PM sent with shipping info.

Put me on the list if it will work on a 12 valve. I can send you a UPS label to cover shipping too.

It's a done deal guys. Thanks for all the PMs from everyone! I'll get this off my truck and on its way as soon as possible!

Back