3rd gen cummins harland sharp roller rockers?

Do roller rockers make much of a difference at all on cummins? I know on gassers they are nice, but a lot cheaper too.

Do roller rockers make much of a difference at all on cummins? I know on gassers they are nice, but a lot cheaper too.

i know i cant imagine the gains are worth it for a street truck, but i dont have them and dont personally know anyone thats does.

testing results

25-30hp-stock 04 truck
40hp with +1 ratio
55-60 hp on a built truck

All gain were seen above 2800 RPM

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen several threads about roller rockers but no one ever seems to get on and say they are using them and like them or not. I'm sure someone is buying them, or they wouldn't keep making them.

Could we list the companies that are manufacturing them?

I've seen several threads about roller rockers but no one ever seems to get on and say they are using them and like them or not. I'm sure someone is buying them, or they wouldn't keep making them.

Could we list the companies that are manufacturing them?

well i will start the list haha prob gona be a short one
1)harland sharp
2)EEP? anyone know if they make a cr rocker?

I was told they were revising the rockers as of now. The cool part is the billet bridges. They are supposed to reduce variations in valve clearance. One of the techs at Harland put them on his fathers truck and has a few miles on them. Sound like a good product. I have used there rockers for years on gas applications. Great people to deal with.

My money would be on 0 difference at the low rpm's 99.9% of these engines run at. And I am not talking about any performance gains due to an increased ratio but an actual advantage due to the roller bearing shafts. I bet the difference between the factory oil film lubed shaft to a roller bearing is almost immeasurable and it would not surprise me 1 bit if the advantage goes to the oil film design. Same with the roller tip over the floating pad design. Not enough cam lift to see any difference in one over the other.

6k p pumped engines and CR's running a stand alone with limitless rpm's perhaps but I still doubt it. I think people who expect to see any real gains are putting too much into the advantages of these on a gasser engine with the pivot nut design and inherent restrictions and parasitic drag of such a design.

well i will start the list haha prob gona be a short one
1)harland sharp
2)EEP? anyone know if they make a cr rocker?

EEP had a set for the 24v on their site a few months ago.

There are a lot of other smaller places making them. I can't speak to the quality though.

The cool part is the billet bridges. They are supposed to reduce variations in valve clearance. One of the techs at Harland put them on his fathers truck and has a few miles on them. Sound like a good product.

I'd be interested to hear if the bridges hold up any better than the other aftermarket ones out there, but I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
i have dealing with them for about ten years now, they built me a real nice cylinder head and injection system for my 2.8 truck back in 04, i think cds does there pump work.

EEP had a set for the 24v on their site a few months ago.

There are a lot of other smaller places making them. I can't speak to the quality though.

I'd be interested to hear if the bridges hold up any better than the other aftermarket ones out there, but I guess time will tell.

Not sure what the issue was with the early bridges, I think there was a batch that were improperly made. Lots of them since then have been out with no issues.

I know this is a kinda old thread, but I ordered a set from Haisley Machine about 2 years ago for a CR I built. The stockers were galling pretty bad. Van bores them out and installs a roller bearing, I want to say he plays with the ratio a little bit too. In any case, if you are running alot of valve spring and a cam I'm sure they can't hurt. The other side of it is if the rocker is galled up real bad, the set from Haisley wasn't much more or was actually cheaper than a new set of stockers from Cummins. I don't remember exactly.

Last edited:
I know this is a kinda old thread, but I ordered a set from Haisley Machine about 2 years ago for a CR I built. The stockers were galling pretty bad. Van bores them out and installs a roller bearing, I want to say he plays with the ratio a little bit too. In any case, if you are running alot of valve spring and a cam I'm sure they can't hurt. The other side of it is if the rocker is galled up real bad, the set from Haisley wasn't much more or was actually cheaper than a new set of stockers from Cummins. I don't remember exactly.

thanks i will look into those, cause the harland sharps are just to much money for my street truck, i could buy new tires or something with that money.

Back