4 or 5K GSK for 160 pump?

Tuning could be a nightmare at first but isn't too bad. You also have to figure by the time you buy a pump, GSK, DV's, and have it benched you can have a pretty penny in it too. But the fact you wont burn up a tuner or pump makes it worth the $$$ for me.

Tuning could be a nightmare at first but isn't too bad. You also have to figure by the time you buy a pump, GSK, DV's, and have it benched you can have a pretty penny in it too. But the fact you wont burn up a tuner or pump makes it worth the $$$ for me.

No doubt reliability is my main concern.

I do plan to post a price list of all I spent, just to show what I goes in to the swap.

I wanted to do a cam at the time of the swap, but after sending pump off I know I won't be able to afford it. But I rather do the pump while its off instead doing it later on.

I hate tracking down all the little stuff.

Did you already send the pump off? If not shoot me a PM or give me a call. I also saw a mildly used helix 2 somewhere for a good price.

Did you already send the pump off? If not shoot me a PM or give me a call. I also saw a mildly used helix 2 somewhere for a good price.

No I haven't waiting on dv's and need to order a gsk before sending. Trying to save every little bit I can.

Pm me your #, I should have it but I don't, I delete all my contact info from CF. Ill give you a shout now if you aren't busy.

Benching the pump is cheap. Seth charged me $350 to bench mine, pin time it, and redo all the pops on my injectors.

I have a set of 191's in my pump. I had $300 in benching my pump and Seth's AFC mod.

Tracking down or trying to r=track down all the litle parts is kinda frustrating but I know it will all be better when I hear it fire up and then get it dialed in. LOL

Benching the pump is cheap. Seth charged me $350 to bench mine, pin time it, and redo all the pops on my injectors.

Yeah benching isn't bad, dvs and gsk are what add up IMO.

I'm using Seth as well.

Why would you need to be able to turn 6k rpm on a daily driver?

Most fast drag trucks shift at 4k or maybe a touch over that. Most of the awesome running 2.8/3.0 pulling trucks only turn 5500-6000rpm.

Good fueling to 4k rpm is all you need for most anything other than pulling or a real mean drag truck. Thats my opinon anyways.

Eric

Why would you need to be able to turn 6k rpm on a daily driver?

Most fast drag trucks shift at 4k or maybe a touch over that. Most of the awesome running 2.8/3.0 pulling trucks only turn 5500-6000rpm.

Good fueling to 4k rpm is all you need for most anything other than pulling or a real mean drag truck. Thats my opinon anyways.

I agree with you, I don't need the rpm just want it.

Ill probably never see 6k, but 4-5k would be nice.

Big difference in 4-5k and 6k

I see NO need for 6k in a DD that will see a little track time.

Gonna balance it and everything now?

Back