4" v band clamp same as hx40 clamp?

fnschlaud4620

Hi,

I was wondering if the hx40 v-band and clamp setup was the same as a normal 4" v-band. A flange and 4" v-band on ebay is $12.00 and a hx40 flange and clamp is around $70.00. Anyone compared the two?

I searched and could not find anything so I am sorry if this is a repost.

You could have 4" od and 4" id flanges and v-band clamps. The flange widths are different as well. The machined hx40 flange is 4" od. Doubtful the $12 ebay one is the correct flange.

thats a deal you can't beat, right? I said the same thing as you...Although i am a machinist, With ebays prices its not even worth it for me to buy the material to make my own, when you can buy them that cheap! Unfortunately the ebay ones are the wrong size.. been there done that. Thats why I still machine all off my flanges myself.

OK,

I cut an hx40 outlet onto a turbine housing the other day for a friend and it came out really nice, not too hard. I was just wondering if I could cut a normal 3.5 in v-band instead of an hx40 instead. I have the full marmon flange right now. 4.125 OD to work with. You say go with the HX40?

Yes, hx40 is the most common flange in the B-series Cummins aftermarket, I'd stick with it for later options, resale etc.

Back