47re OD housing cracked help.

fosterriley

Just wanna go fast
I have a 2001 2500 for a work truck. It has a stage 4 suncoast with a goerend VB. Transmission has about 20k on it. I was recently driving on the interstate at 75 and it just let go. Looked under the truck and fluid was dumping everywhere. I noticed the OD housing was cracked so I Got in contact with the shop that built it (GOS performance) based in Livingston Montana. He warrantied the trans for 100k miles. After talking to him he suggested I take the truck to a local trans shop in Rigby Idaho where it broke down and have them diagnose the problem. They think the cause of it letting go was the rear U joint next to the rear Diff. I spoke with the owner of GOS Aden, he said since the U joint went out and "caused" the OD housing to crack that he's not going to cover it. Is it likely that the U joint caused this problem? Also Trans shop in Rigby said there was metal everywhere when they dropped the pan.

Yes that is a very likely scenario, as well as bent drive shaft etc.

Sorry to hear about you bag luck! A ujoint seizing up or getting loose can really tear things up unfortunately. I am not sure if it will work or not since you have a 47re but if you are in need of a new housing I have a brand new bare 48re housing

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

yes, this happens more than you'd think. Make sure you have good u-joints and is balanced by a reputable shop! ^^his 48 housing will work if you swap in a 48re park rod on the valve body. I have a 47 case if you need one, or eBay normally had good ones for $100-$200

Back