47re Troubles

BigSilver

Hello all, having some unique problems with my 47re in my 96 cummins. Currently has a BD single disc converter, suncoast dc487 electronic valve body, B&M shifter, HD extra count clutches and steels, billet input, potentiometer TPS, and deep pan. First problem is that when I leave it in manual second and use the engine to hold me back the converter continuously tries locking in and out. This only happens when OD is off and TPS signal is around 3 volts. I hooked a meter up to the lockup signal wire in the harness and it's clearly signaling the converter to do what it's doing. Not sure if this is PCM related or what. Second problem is the tranny sporadically goes into limp mode and won't come out until I let it sit awhile. Doesn't appear to be temp sensor related as I was watching that signal today and it stayed within parameters when I hit limp mode. Checked governor pressure with a gauge in the accumulator port and when it hits limp mode pressure stays at 80 in every gear. Its throwing p37 code and that's it. Suncoast has been no help and I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out myself so if anybody else might have any advice I'd greatly appreciate it thank you.

Sounds like wiring in the valve body or in the harness all as it takes to lock up the converter is a ground.... If it's limping the trans I'd start testing out the wiring and starting there and running a gov pressure check just so we know what's going on there! The guys at Suncoast are great guys i deal with them everyday. They have a lot more then most ppl know going on. Maybe take it to one of us dealers and we could help out also

Back