47rh manual setup

Jl12valve

unfaithful CF user
So in swapping back to an auto after a year with the manual. I enjoyed the nv4500 while it lasted but got bored of pushin that darn clutch all day. For my auto I'm going with some billet goodies, triple disc convertor, etc., etc. My main need in this auto build was to keep the ability to shift whenever I felt necessary so naturally I went with a manual valve body setup. My holdup has been the shifter. After days of considering which to get I ended up going with the tci outlaw 616331 from summit. Now I realize that rh's are three speed with overdrive and lockup. What I am not sure about is can you get a three speed shifter to work with an rh or is the third gear electronically controlled like overdrive is? I made the mistake of ordering the shifter before asking but am still in need of knowing. Thanks

You need 12v signal for the OD/lockup to come on. In stock form lock up is in in 3 rd if OD is off, lock up in 4th (OD) all other times. I would check with VB builder because most full manuals are built with 2 lockup and 1 is sometimes and option. I would get the shifter with the buttons and wire it through so then I wouldn't have be reaching for the dash and then you could have the OD/lockup right on the shifter

Thanks r1raptor
Tornado112 when I orginally had my rh I was able to lock it up from second through overdrive. I'm not sure why because I know the trans was bone stock at that time. I would have liked to go with the buttons on the shifter but couldn't justify 500 bucks. I will be putting two buttons in the shifter cover.

Back