48re carnage.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
06 truck stock other than a edge JwA. It had the trans built about a year ago with a full Suncoast kit. Anyone got a clue what caused this??

apenegu2.jpg

a3yvabus.jpg

mype2ane.jpg

Was it a billet input? if not then yes a broken input at 450hp..
How were Trans bolts, or converter bolts? Missing?
Also, check and see if the Dowel is still in the front of intermediate shaft, it may have come out then pitched the drums apart.

Was it a billet input? if not then yes a broken input at 450hp..
How were Trans bolts, or converter bolts? Missing?
Also, check and see if the Dowel is still in the front of intermediate shaft, it may have come out then pitched the drums apart.

That's crazy, didn't know a input would break on a truck with just a edge, not even the hot unlock! My brother actually bought the truck this way from a local farmer and we're gonna send the trans to TRE and get it built for 800. I just thought it was odd breakage at that low of power.

I've had a 12v with ~400hp break a billet input. Odd things can happen, but in your case I'm not that surprised really.

I'm sure Tim will fix you up right!

Depending on shift firmness and lockup firmness, it could snap an input.

I've had a 12v with ~400hp break a billet input. Odd things can happen, but in your case I'm not that surprised really.

I'm sure Tim will fix you up right!

Yep, pulled the trans 6 times on my buddies 700 hp cummins until we got smart and took it to Tim, it's been good ever since!

Depending on shift firmness and lockup firmness, it could snap an input.

The PO did complain about hard shifts come to think of it....

Looks like a stock shaft. Yes tighter convertor and higher psi at 350hp can kill a stock shaft.

Triple disc converter on a stock shaft is flirting with disaster because of the triple disc's commanding lockup. On the other hand, I've seen a few bone stock trucks that tow heavy break a stock input shaft on stock converters.

Back