4bt twins

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Can we talk about twins setup for P-pump 4bt ,if the power goals is 200+hp?

Long story shortly: I have p-pump 4bt core engine , lots of Cummins parts and idea to get out 200 hp to use it in Dodge Van :evil

For fuel side ,it should be easy, pump work, governor springs and 5x0.12 injectros

For twings I have idea to use :

He221 with Hy35

Or Hx27 with Hy35

Any reccomendation?

Just a single HY35 should easily support your goal. I think you'll choke the engine if you use a smaller turbine in the exhaust stream.

I specialize in the 4bt's & probably sell more parts for the 4bt than anyone else. If you do decide to try running just a single turbo for say 200hp....very doable, what ever you do, do not install a hy35 on your 4bt or you will be sorry. Everyone that has tried a H1C, HX35 or HY35 & then tried the 46mm Super HX30 or a 44mm HE221W with FMS & 7cm housing has said they wish they would have done it in the 1st place. A 4bt just doesn't have the exhaust volume to push that large of a turbo on the lower rpm end. Laggy to say the least.

If you really want to go twins, I would suggest either a 44mm hx30w over a hx35/12 for 200-250hp. Higher hp, go with a hx40/16.

I ran a gt2860r and it was solid for 400hp. You can get the .62ar for it if your wanting to keep rpm low and the tq curve low. It would work well and the wastegate on my unit was adjustable.

I specialize in the 4bt's & probably sell more parts for the 4bt than anyone else. If you do decide to try running just a single turbo for say 200hp....very doable, what ever you do, do not install a hy35 on your 4bt or you will be sorry. Everyone that has tried a H1C, HX35 or HY35 & then tried the 46mm Super HX30 or a 44mm HE221W with FMS & 7cm housing has said they wish they would have done it in the 1st place. A 4bt just doesn't have the exhaust volume to push that large of a turbo on the lower rpm end. Laggy to say the least.

If you really want to go twins, I would suggest either a 44mm hx30w over a hx35/12 for 200-250hp. Higher hp, go with a hx40/16.
Thanks for the correction. I always forget the low airflow of the 2-valve heads after dealing with the 4-valve versions for so long.

Back