4bt

Badbrad3701

Borrowed Money
Been thinking about starting a build on a lil dodge Dakota with 4 bt for a daily driver what kind mpg would it get and what be some other ideas for truck I no I want it to be 4x4

ive done a couple 4bts. the last one we did was an 01 quad cab 4x4 with a 47re, got it about 21mpg, but has a convertor issue, and its over fueling. should be around 29mpg when its sorted out

ive done a couple 4bts. the last one we did was an 01 quad cab 4x4 with a 47re, got it about 21mpg, but has a convertor issue, and its over fueling. should be around 29mpg when its sorted out

Was it 1/2 or 3/4 ton

I'm getting right around 26-28 mpg depending on how heavy my foot is.

It fit good in mine. What year you putting it in? and what motor did it have in it before?

I know of one getting around 31-32 mpg in a 1989 long bed Dakota, with the A-535 5 speed transmission.
Firewall clearance to the OEM turbo is a bit dicey, motor mounts are definitely a fab yourself deal.

Mark.

I know of one getting around 31-32 mpg in a 1989 long bed Dakota, with the A-535 5 speed transmission.
Firewall clearance to the OEM turbo is a bit dicey, motor mounts are definitely a fab yourself deal.

Mark.

I used a 12V manifold, cut 1 and 6 off and made my own 45deg center dump manifold. That let me move the turbo forward. Just had to make a custom downpipe.

I think my tightest fit was between the top of the valve covers and the underside of the cowl. probably could have been eliminated by moving the motor ahead a little bit, but with my nv4500 mated to it, the shift tower would have been under the dash by that point.

My 94 dakota averaged 26-28mpg with the Ve pump 4bt. I have a build thread on 4btswaps.com

Back