5" exhaust on a mostly stock 6.7?

Got Smoke?

Ok I'm wanting to get rid of my cat in the DP. Another member has offered me a smoking deal on a 5" downpipe and I have a straight pipe and over the axle piece laying around I've collected over the years.

Any downside to this on a 6.7? I know on 5.9's it would lose some bottom end power.:what:

no downside. it won't be overly loud, and it's pretty much impossible to lose bottom end power on a stock turbo 6.7

Went back and looked at my current exhaust I can swap a aftermarket pipe in myself vs. having to take my truck to a muffler shop to put this 5". So I think I'm going to go that way.

the 5" has a good bit of drone. i put in a FTE resonator at the downpipe and it made a huge difference.

if i remember correctly there are 2 cats plus DPF. the first cat is in the downpipe, so whichever route you go better to get them all gone.

edit- found a picture, the 1st cat is in downpipe

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
with a 100hp tune on a 6.7, there's zero quantifiable performance/efficiency difference between the OEM downpipe and an aftermarket downpipe.

you have to drop the tranny crossmember to remove it without cutting

I understand the desire to remove it, but there's really no "need" on a mild daily driver truck

edit- found a picture, the 1st cat is in downpipe

Everything except the down pipe cat is already gone on my truck.... its next on my list!

with a 100hp tune on a 6.7, there's zero quantifiable performance/efficiency difference between the OEM downpipe and an aftermarket downpipe.

you have to drop the tranny crossmember to remove it without cutting

I understand the desire to remove it, but there's really no "need" on a mild daily driver truck

Was kind of figuring it would as much as I don't want to cut it, but its coming out sooner or later. LOL

Back