5 hole tips ideal for 12v?

mopar or no car

Is the 5 hole tip the ideal for the 12v?(spray pattern wise) I've been thinking about some 435's that are 5x14 i think. What about an 8x14, or 10x14 instead of a 5x18? I asked about tips awhile back and didn't find out too much about the tip design and theory. I'm wondering if since most everyone only runs a 5 hole tip, if its the best tip design for a 12v. It would seem like more holes would have better atomization vs the quantity of fuel injected.

Jordan

Well, IMO I think the more holes the better!

Lets say you have "X" amount of fuel injected in each cylender on each stroke. If you are running the 5x18's the all that fuel has to go through 5 relitivly large holes. This in turn reduces adimization. But if you run say a 7x14, you are injecting that same amount of fuel through 7 holes that will better adimize that fuel which inturns creates less smoke and more power.

I am always suprized when i hear of a lot of pullers running huge injectors (aka 5x24) and pulling with them. I though the 5 hole injector was old technology and that more holes would be more benificial.

Of course all this is my openion, baised on experence.

How's Akumz Razor go again, all things being equal the simplest explanation tends to be the correct one. 1. The 7+ hole tips are really truly better but it's a consipiracy and only the most top secret of individuals knows about it or 2. People have tried the 7+ hole tips in the 12 valve which has been around for quite a while and decided that their use was not beneficial which is why they are uncommon:p.

Hey, I certainly don't know for sure and do understand what you guys are getting at but in the real world i'm not sure those things hold true. Further, more holes in the tip may serve to reduce atomization if area is not held constant.

I believe there are many threads about this. Search around and you'll likely find some good information.

So----I'm assuming that its not an atomization issue, but rather having too many holes in a tip must not provide the right burn characteristics? Assumption #2---it also probably has to do with 12v injectors not being directly over the center of the piston?

I do agree with the fact that as much time and effort put into these machines, if there was something better, it would be used and known about.

Jordan

Back