5 or 6 speed swap??

BigBlue98

Hello gentleman I have a 98 12V with a GDP tow trans (auto) and I'm getting tired of the hassle of a "tourq lock switch" wanna do a 6 speed conversation any advice on this??
It's making 450/1000 looking to get 600/1500 maybe.....

GDP = who? I'd stick with the auto and get it built right. Unless your trying to tow 20k....

Garmon diesel performance... Not all the time will I need to pull 20k but in the summers for hay yes I will and I might dual it out to build a welding rig with

Garmon diesel performance... Not all the time will I need to pull 20k but in the summers for hay yes I will and I might dual it out to build a welding rig with

Hmm, usually everyone loves their garmon trans so much they never want to let it go.

So I should stay at 450hp to do a manual swap OR just upgrade my GDP then.... I drive a lot of mountains daily and I hate fighting the shift and speed limit on hitting that Torque lock switch.

I would never run a 5speed in a tow truck again all nv5600 for mine. But I'm having trouble understanding why you want to change? Is it you are tired of having to manually down shift? I don't have automatics.

I would never run a 5speed in a tow truck again all nv5600 for mine. But I'm having trouble understanding why you want to change? Is it you are tired of having to manually down shift? I don't have automatics.

Ya I have to drop to 1st gear just to get up my driveway and if I don't hit the torque lock fast enough it jumps in and outta gear till I do.

Back