5 speed swap help

shriverstroker

hey guys new to this site. seeking some knowledge and help. have a 97 7.3 f250 4x4. has a ts 6 pos chip. k&n intake downpipe exhaust with single stack and the bb trick for fuel pressure.
currently in the middle of swaping a zf 5 speed to replace this junk e4od. new drive shaft on the way. pedals installed have the clutch master cylinder, clutch line and slave. as of right now i have the flywheel clutch pressure plate throwout bearing installed. and the trans with transfer case bolted up by supported by a floor jack.
problem 1. have my old crossmember and one that came with the new trans. wondering why neither of them will bolt up like they should? they dont wanna line up right or bolt up the correct way?

problem 2. is there anything else im going to run into after i figure this out? such as truck not starting running right or anything along those lines?
any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks again

i did a 2wd swap from e40d to zf5 in about a day with 2 trucks side by side.

use whichever crossmember sets the tailshaft height properly, then drill new holes in the frame and bolt from there. (it will be back an inch or 2)

there wasnt a whole lot that wasnt straight forward, the reverse light harness is there and taped up and everything. ready to roll.

gotcha. yeah so far its been straight forward. i had to unbolt the one crossmember bracket and move it towards the motor. the holes were already there. but the way its looking im going to have to drill the 3 holes on the same saide as the fuel lines and its suppose to be on the complete other side of the truck. pretty much tho only way its gunna work is if my crossmember does a complete 180. sorry im just trying to be as detailed as possible because its very confuesing to explain haha atleast to me it is.

Back