500hp-no smoke. possible.

k30

i want to get a 12v to put in my truck and make some good power while keeping smoke to a minimum.

how much can a built nv5600 handle?

Im want as much smoke as i can get HAHA!!. The injectors i have for sale smoke less than any i have seen and you can make just short of 500hp with some 191dv's and some grinding on the plate...

2Tone12V said:
Im want as much smoke as i can get HAHA!!. The injectors i have for sale smoke less than any i have seen and you can make just short of 500hp with some 191dv's and some grinding on the plate...
What injectors do you have for sale?

I thought it was impossible to make a 12 valve not smoke... If you want decent power and no smoke. You might as well just get a common rail... Dodge or chevy.

Brand new II Dragon Fly Injectors. Blew a head gasket so im goin ahead and doin some work on it. The injectors have about 30 minutes of driving on them.

about the only thing you have to worry about on the 5600 is the output shaft. Scheid can do something to them so they dont brake.

Clearification needed: Yes you can make a 12V produce 500 hp without smoke....once your on top of the charger, getting to that point is a tricky. I can do it with my truck, I would have to take about 2mm worth of plate out and get up on the charger from the get go via manual shifting.

I drive at times like this to keep it clean around town, this way you can have fun with a cloud of smoke, then there is the infamous bottle but that gets expensive.

My Silver Bullet is a big charger and not really designed for the up to 500 hp crowd but can be used there, a SPS 62 or Silver 62 would be better at 500.

Jim

Jim is right

after tuning my truck a bit which has about 500 horses with the dragon flys and 181 dvs'.. i think it can be done but even with midrange timing ur gonna have to be easy on take offs, especially if its an auto, a five speed is easier to control..

smoke free is not hard to have but its all self control.. however if u can play just right with the boost and throttle, u can maximize fuel efficieny and reduce smoke, with proper throttle control, not just romp it and go..

hence my next conundrum... where is that line?

Rick

thanks everybody.

i just heard that the nv5600 is out of production. will the zf6 or whatever in the new dodges be a better long-term investment for replacement parts, repairs, and the like?

Last edited:
you'll have to drive around the smoke unless you do a well ported head and a cam... as Jim said, you can make 500rwhp with no smoke no problem, but you may not like how long it takes to get there... the truck will feel pretty sluggish w/ a super tight AFC.

Forrest Nearing said:
the truck will feel pretty sluggish w/ a super tight AFC.

This is very true. And i still think it would be real hard to get 500 with no smoke *nx* LOL

My truck even with the stock turbo, because of my tight converter is impossible to drive without a haze a lot of the time. Its much better in the winter. I just dont like how the power comes on with a tight AFC, so i deal with it. Its impossible to take off with any kind of speed without the truck smoking:bang

Eric

Santa Gertrudis said:
12 valves have to smoke, its the law, even the stockers do. LOL

pretty much it you can drive with out smoke but if you get into it ! she will smoke like a train until boost hits and starts to clear it.

Forrest Nearing said:
shoot, if it starts to clear once the boost hits, you don't have enough fuel :)

working on getting more fuel real soon :)
clears to a haze at wot but then i still need mo fuel

Back