504 Case

farmerson

Hey guys, been a member for a while on here but not really posted much. Anyway on to my questions. Me and my dad are messin around with an old 1030 case tractor. We have been around case tractors for a long time, and finally decided to build a tractor to pull. I put a turbo on the old 451 in the 1030 got the delivery valves cut, fuel screw up, left pump on it, and the rpm turned up. Well its not enough power were out of things to do because cuttin the injectors i dont think will help, so were putting a 504 in it, Im needing to find someone that can cut injectors. I also need to find out where i can get a steel flywheel for it because thats one of the rules if we go over 3000 rpm. Thanks.

Hey guys, been a member for a while on here but not really posted much. Anyway on to my questions. Me and my dad are messin around with an old 1030 case tractor. We have been around case tractors for a long time, and finally decided to build a tractor to pull. I put a turbo on the old 451 in the 1030 got the delivery valves cut, fuel screw up, left pump on it, and the rpm turned up. Well its not enough power were out of things to do because cuttin the injectors i dont think will help, so were putting a 504 in it, Im needing to find someone that can cut injectors. I also need to find out where i can get a steel flywheel for it because thats one of the rules if we go over 3000 rpm. Thanks.

Yeah, the Inova Cell (semi IDI style) injection system on the early 401/451s was crap for makin power. Call Lee at Contagious Diesel, I'm sure his EDM guy should be able to handle your nozzles (920) 517-1247

Im about to do the same thing but im keeping the 1030 block in and changing the heads to get the bigger injectors. I think with a decent turbo and a bigger pump it should make decent power to start out since its got such a big stroke.

big stroke? 5" last i checked, make sure you get heads with screw in injectors 90 series put them side by side you'll see what i mean

I would like to do what Backwoods posted about his 1030 Case. Could anyone contact me to answer some questions? thanks

Back