5x16s and 191 Turbo recommendations.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
I have a good friend with a 98 12 valve. 5x16s, 191s, 4k gov springs, colt stage 3 cam and supporting mods. It has a E.D. billet 66 on it now which spools great and makes good power but the thrust bearings only last about 10,000 miles. Hes ready for a upgrade to something that actually lasts. Anyone got a recommendation? Preferably something a little bigger too.

Also he is hoping to getting about another 100 hp out of it. Any recommendations on mods? I told him leave it alone and spray it.

Decision made. Rebuild kit is otw for the 66 but when it comes off it is getting replaced with a S467.7. Hopefully it will be done by antrims dyno day may 9th. What exhaust housing should he go with? .90 or 1.10?

Bump? I ordered the 1.0 housing but my turbo guy is ordering the .90 housing as well in case it's too laggy with the 1.0. Should I just go with the .90 off the bat?

if its twin scroll (divided housing) go with 1.0 or larger.. I am betting surge is whats killing the turbo..

What kinda boost is out of the map on say a 66 or 62? Have a 66 sitting in the garage for a friend and don't want him to run it to hard. He also has 5x.016s and 191s

Well we had some hold ups due to waiting on pushrods and the manifold but got it all finished up Saturday.It runs and spools amazingly! Going to the dyno this saturday.

Is he running a turbine diverter valve? Would like to see that thing spool or run on the street if possible.....vid please! :rockwoot:

Is he running a turbine diverter valve? Would like to see that thing spool or run on the street if possible.....vid please! :rockwoot:

No, he is not. It spools very well he says but i haven't driven it myself. Sadly it didn't make it to the dyno saturday as it broke the flexplate friday night..

Back