6.0 fuel tank

It has a plastic prefilter on the pick up tube. Sits right on the bottom of the tank.

Don't suppose anyone has a picture of the pickup. My 05 with a 5.9 12 valve runs fine most of the time. Randomly when pulling a heavy trailer or running hard down the road for some time it acts like it's running low on fuel. Sometimes it will just miss on and off, other times it will die only to restart when you stop. It did it a few days a go when I was on a trip running 80 to 85 mph. Slowed down and it just ran low on power. Stopped at a business for hour got in it and it ran fine. I'm thinking it's sucking stuff against the pickup in the tank and when you stop it falls off. This has been on going for several months.

If your running a fass or airdog put a sump on it, or are you still running the cummins lift pump?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Running factory electric lift pump from 6.0 That's what was recommended in the instructions.

Last edited:
This is the pickup tube screen.

attachment.php

It's been a while, but I believe your truck may also has these "sock" filters (included in this Delphi kit #FS0204) on the tubes in the module. If so, I'd go with the kit and replace them all. This kit is listed for 1990-2008 trucks, so I may be thinking about the older 7.3 trucks having the sock filters. It's hell getting old....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ford Fuel Pickup.jpg
    Ford Fuel Pickup.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Ford Fuel Pickup B.jpg
    Ford Fuel Pickup B.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Back