6.0 Powerstroke Van on 40" Nittos and 22" Rockstars

That's exactly why it is awesome. This forum is built on that principle- Who would have thought diesel trucks would be doing what we do now.

I definitely agree with this. There are diesels that blow my mind daily.

No way in hell I'd drive that. I've driven one at work that sat slightly higher than a stock 2wd, and that was the worst driving vehicle I've ever driven. Any side breeze and it was all over the place. I80 got interesting a couple times, with the wind and semis flying by

My guess is the suspension was stock? This van is the best driving lifted vehicle I've driven. It drives better than my 02 Dodge on 37s did. It also drive better than the Ford Excursion I just listed on eBay that also has 40s and a 10" lift. It does catch the wind, but doesn't sway the van by any means.

thats awesome! i think you friend likes rockstars lol

Sure do. They're relatively cheap and look good for the money. Ricky owns The Tire Station in Asheville therefore pretty much has Rock Stars on everything he owns lifted.

That thing is sick!

Thanks. I'll be driving it to Portland, Maine on the 27th. We'll see how it does on a 17 hour road trop from Asheville, NC to Portland, ME.

Last edited:
He called today and told me to stick the van on eBay so check it out and spread the word if you have the chance!

Sweet looking van! Vans are already a PITA to work on. I bet its even more so with a lift

Yes, it is. I can tell you it has brand new U-joints in the rear driveshaft all the way around and a brand new assembly on the t-case side...the ball in the middle of the two u-joints went on me in Maine. I guess that is what makes the CV and therefore ended up blowing the whole thing out....$400 late it has brand new parts....replacing them in -16 degree weather in Maine wasn't fun! It runs and drives awesome. The number one questions I got while driving it to Maine and back was "is it top heavy?" It isn't at all. 60+ winds in CT on my way up and could feel it, but didn't mess with the driving.

This is it in Maine:

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9822.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9820.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9818.jpg

trying to teach the gf how to skate (she's from the South):
IMG_9828.jpg

What gearing does it have ?

I honestly have no idea but I'll ask him tomorrow while I'm at the shop putting my wheels and tires on my dually. It can't be too high because it does great with the 38s (they're not 40s like I thought). It average 19.3mpg on the way to Maine and 16.7 on the way back (I was ready to get to NC).

I honestly have no idea but I'll ask him tomorrow while I'm at the shop putting my wheels and tires on my dually. It can't be too high because it does great with the 38s (they're not 40s like I thought). It average 19.3mpg on the way to Maine and 16.7 on the way back (I was ready to get to NC).

There is no way that van got 19 mpg. A rclb 2x4 struggles to average 19.

There is no way that van got 19 mpg. A rclb 2x4 struggles to average 19.

It sure did. That's hand calculated by me. 2.75 tanks on the way to Maine and it's a little less than a 1300 trip. Still have the piece of paper I did it on. Around town when I was driving it in Asheville it was getting 12-14. My guess is the sniper, exhaust, and intake helped it a lot.

I have interior pictures as well if anyone is interested.

Back