6.5'' advice

Red Sleeper

I've been eyeing some 6.5'' for my rear doors on the 05 for some time now. I've always herd people say you will get a better quality sound from a round speaker, which makes complete sense.
I'm not building a complete system yet because I'm just not at that point with the truck yet. But I do want to buy rear door speakers for the time being and keep these same speakers for the future. And also to try out 6.5's; I've only ever had 6x9's and if I end up liking the sound quality from a 6.5 I may put them in the front doors as well.

Here is what I'm looking at. No I'm not stuck with using Alpine, I've just had really good luck with them in the past.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

I kinda understand speaker efficiency I guess. ^^those have a 80w RMS and 240 max watage. So I figure they would work great with an 800w 4 channel amp in the future. (200w per speaker which would give peak efficiency right around my optimum listening volume, 50-75% range.) Am I right?

Been thinking about one of those amps that has 4 channels for high and one channel for low. That would keep me from having two amps. In the grand scheme of things I want the 4 door speakers powered by an amp, one sub and one amp.

FWIW, I will also be upgrading to this head unit.
Clarion CZ401 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Back